A partnership initiative with the Ministry of Social Development has enabled Real World Living to become a fundholder for approved Very High Needs and High Needs funded clients. Under this arrangement individual funding may be paid directly to the client or family/whanau in order to support access to home and/or community based activity options, where formal provider programs are not able to meet the individual’s needs.
An Individual Life Activity Plan must be developed for each client detailing the activities to be accessed and how these will be supplied. Monitoring against this plan forms the basis of the required reports back to MSD.
Currently Real World Living is the only provider in New Zealand committed to providing this service to clients and families.
- Referral from Student Transition Co-ordinator
- Negotiation with MSD to be added to RWL Outreach List
- Approval and acceptance of referral
- Initial introductory meeting between client, family/whanau and RWL staff
- RWL set up of Administration processes to receive quarterly payments from MSD and on-pass these funds to client’s nominated bank account
- RWL monitoring of use of funds
- Client self-report re use of funds
- RWL report to MSD re use of funds
- RWL also to provide navigation and community connections advice to clients and family/whanau where needed and appropriate
This program may only be funded through the Ministry of Social Development (subject to certain criteria).
Referrals must be made through a Student Transition Co-Ordinator.
All referrals should be directed to Janette Peebles Managing Director in the first instance.
Postal address 24 East Street, Papakura 2110